AND THEY’RE OFF!!
Now we have two US companies supplying the International Space Station with their own rockets and spacecraft. SpaceRef just posted this article about Orbital’s new rocket and its launch today. Go here for photos of the take-off.
And to think we were concerned about a lack of US space launch capability earlier in the decade…
Side note–Orbital actually founded GeoEye, which, as we learned in Lesson 12, has merged with DigitalGlobe. Small world in space.
- Wallops Island rocket launch sends supply mission to International Space Station (wjla.com)
- Antares Rocket with Cygnus Spacecraft Launches to the ISS (spaceref.com)
- Live video | Today’s Eastern Shore rocket launch (hamptonroads.com)
- US company about to make first space station run (nzherald.co.nz)
- New Private Cygnus Spacecraft Launches to Space Station Today: Watch Live (space.com)