Not to be outdone by Astrium’s pictures mentioned in my aside a few days ago, RapidEye’s in the game, too. Some of their five imagery satellites have been very busy. They have released a few pictures of their own of the island that mysteriously rose from the water off of Pakistan’s coast. The island itself doesn’t look that interesting, but maybe this is a portent of the End of Days? What next–space zombie monkeys???
- If there’s something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call? (themadspaceball.wordpress.com)
- NASA Reveal Images Of A New Island That Emerges After Pakistan Earthquake (eteknix.com)
- Satellite measures ‘quake island’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Video: Water bubbles and dead fish float around mysterious island created by Tuesday’s Pakistan earthquake (theprovince.com)
- Truth about new island created post-earthquake? (huffingtonpost.com)